Subject: Re: Newbie Resource for PC-LW
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 1995 01:11:51 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 1 Oct 1995, Robert Cohen wrote:

> So...... Unless the moderators of this list tell you not to ask those 
> types of questions, just keep em comming.  There is always going to 
> someone who will flame you for one thing or another.  Unless it's the 
> moderator..... Just ignore them ;)))

As long as LightWave needs hardware to run on, these questions will 
always be "on-topic" and I would actually encourage them to be asked 
publicly.  

The TCP/IP help I received yesterday was invaluable and it came through 
amazingly fast...I was able to get my machines linked up and working 
perfectly within less than 6 hours after posting my original request for 
assistance...and on a Sunday no less!

These platform specific messages need to be posted with some common sense 
though...something like "How do I get Doom to run on my Alpha workstation 
while rendering a LightWave animation" is really pushing it, but I'm not 
gonna start dictating what is acceptable and what isn't.  We got enough 
of that crap from the Fido-Net.

                                     -David Warner

--
[email-masked] sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]